West Florence Fire Department has one position open for:
Entry Level Career Firefighter Position – Full Time
JOB SUMMARY – This position responds to calls within jurisdiction for fire suppression, hazardous materials responses and rescue operations; provides crowd and traffic control at emergency scenes; provides medical assistance at the First Responder level as necessary, and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responds to emergency situations within the Fire Department’s jurisdiction to perform fire suppression, hazardous materials incident response and rescue duties;
• Provides crowd and traffic control at emergency scenes; assists with salvage, overhaul, cleanup and evacuation activities as necessary;
• Responds to a variety of emergency calls requiring medical treatment at the First Responder level, including administering CPR, removing victims from danger, administering First Aid, etc.;
• Documents all fire and other emergency incidents and responses;
• Participates in fire prevention and fire safety education activities;
• Cleans and maintains fire apparatus, equipment, stations and grounds; tests and maintains fire hoses; maintains emergency response equipment in a constant state of readiness;
• Performs special details as assigned;
• Receives and responds to public inquiries, complaints and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility;
• Attends training, seminars, and meetings to remain knowledgeable of modern fire suppression and prevention methods; maintains required certifications;
• Performs general clerical work as required, including but not limited to preparing reports and records, copying and filing documents, entering and retrieving computer data, attending meetings, answering the telephone, etc.;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
• High school diploma or GED
• SC Firefighter I Certification
• SC EMR Certification
• NIMS: 100.b, 200.b, 700.a, 800.b
• SC Basic Auto Extrication
• Valid SC Driver’s License
• Must successfully complete the West Florence Fire Dept. physical agility test.
• Must pass WFFD Required Physical and Drug Screen. (Performed by Professional Testing Company)
• Preference may be given to applicants with Firefighter II certifications.
The work is considered heavy in nature and involves walking, standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, crawling, kneeling, reaching, and lifting, pushing or raising objects, exerting between 50 and 75 pounds of force on a recurring basis and over 100 pounds of force on a frequent basis.
Applications can be downloaded from the West Florence Fire-Rescue Web site: www.westflorencefd.com and can be dropped off or mailed to:
West Florence Fire-Rescue
ATTN: Battalion Chief Moore
3379 Pine Needles Road
Florence SC, 29501
Applications will close June 15, 2018.